Annual Report FY 2015
Highlights: July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015
In Fiscal Year 2015, Georgia Appleseed…
• Harnessed the energy and talents of members of Georgia’s professional community, receiving pro bono hours totaling a value of $671,487.
• Secured net income of $286,446 for FY15 (primarily restricted funds raised in FY15 for expenditure in FY16 for the new Georgia Heirs Property Law Center).
• Started incubating Georgia’s first law center focused on the legal representation of low and moderate income owners of heirs property.
• Launched a major collaboration to train volunteers to represent foster care students facing long term suspension or expulsion from school.
• Embraced a bold goal for addressing “race, law enforcement and the law” through law and policy reform.
• Continued its juvenile justice initiative as a lead partner in JUSTGeorgia.
• Celebrated its 10th Anniversary!