Bring Your I.D.
What I.D. do I need to vote in-person?
One of the following:
- Georgia driver's license (even if expired)
- Valid I.D. card (with photo) issued by a state or the federal government
- Valid employee photo I.D. from any state or federal government entity
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Valid Military I.D. card (with photo)
- Valid Tribal I.D. card (with photo)
What if I forgot my I.D.?
You may vote in a special way – with a provisional ballot, according to O.C.G.A. 21-2-417(c). Your vote will only be counted if the registrar can verify your identity within the 3 days after the election. See more about provisional ballots on page 5.
* * IMPORTANT * *
If you (1) registered to vote by mail, (2) did not provide a valid I.D. when you registered, and (3) have not voted in Georgia before, then you must present a recent copy of any of the following forms of I.D. when you vote or submit your absentee ballot:
- Any one of the acceptable forms of I.D. noted at the top of this page,
- Utility bill,
- Bank statement,
- Government check,
- Paycheck, or
- Other government document that shows your name and address.